1968 footpeg question

Started by rob w, June 20, 2018, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Need to know if the footpeg brackets and adjoining frame tube, on a '68, have serrated indexing teeth like the later model Steeltankers. The ends where they would be, are broken off this frame, and I don't have the footpegs either. Thanks
I looked at picture 29a in the Steel Tank Project Images, but it's blurry.

3putt

Hi Bob, Dave working this evening, so I will respond to you. Serrated, Photos of the repair Dave had to make of his 68 with same issue coming your way.  Nelson McCullough

rob w

Nelson, thanks for the great pictures, Dave did a fabulous job on those. Yes I'll be at VMD. Thank you for your help. Bob

SouthRider

Bob,

A few 68's had solid non-folding footpegs welded direct to the frame with no serrations. Look like they were designed to impale!

No idea how many were this way or what frame numbers, but did see these at the 50th.

Think I have a photo or two. Give me your email.

Clark

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

SouthRider

Well - I was wrong.

In looking back at my pics they all have the serrations. The solid fixed footpegs were also bolt-on types with the serrations.

Clark

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

rob w

Clark, Yeah I've been studying some v003 pictures, and believe it'll be safe to go ahead and repair the ends of the damaged frame tube that the peg brackets bolt to. Still need to find foot pegs, and brackets. I appreciate you thinking of me, and trying to help though. For future reference / or anytime, email is bobwardlow at att dot net.