Off topic

Started by Steve Minor, June 17, 2018, 08:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Flipping tv channels this afternoon and wound up watching sidecar motocross from Europe...It's crazy!

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

Mike Schulz

Hi Steve,
I received some material from Louis LeCrone recently. He finished second to Mr John Penton at the 1959 Little Burr Enduro and was a member of the Enduro Riders Association in Columbus Ohio. Lou's father Thurman ran a 1938 Harley Davidson with a sidecar in 1940's and 50's enduros and the sidecar class ran into the late 60's early 70's! He sent some interesting pictures of river crossings and slippery hill climbs of sidecars competing in enduros. Another little known class was the "Buddy" class - two to a bike. He said they had a lot of fun. Hard to imagine it today, but motorcyclists are a creative group and the off road pioneers were up for all kinds of challenges and competitions on their bikes!
Mike Schulz

Steve Minor

I haven't ridden the ISDT Reunion Ride in a number of years, but there used to be a team on a white Honda sidecar set up that rode the event every year. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

hanksie

Any one remember 2005(I think}when the West Coast teams came to VMD?5-6 of 'em moto'ed in the mud.Quite the show.My bud BK filled in for a missing monkey,never having done it before.This guy's in shape,but he was wooped and hooked after 2 motos of hanging it out.  BH   (Good old AHRMA days.)

Mick Milakovic

Hank, I remember that, very cool!

Mick
Mick