68 steel tanker

Started by Rick Penno, October 25, 2018, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Penno

I am working on restoring a 68 steel tanker with the newer style smaller air box. I am needing the rubber boot from the carb to the airbox. If anyone has one they would part with, let me know.

Thanks in advance Rick.

slvrbrdfxr

Hi Rick,
The rubber accordion style boot between the airbox to carb on a 68 Steeltank bike can be a little hard to find but not impossible. The Sachs/DKW bikes use 2 of the accordion style boots on their intake system that actually fit and work great on the 68 model steeltanker. My advice is to check out the Sachs motorcycle Facebook page and see if someone there might have had some re-popped. Good luck and keep us posted if you find one.
Dave McCullough

3putt

Al Buehner has a few DKW parts, and just might have them, cross your fingers and give Al a try, Good Luck !!    Nelson McCullough

Rick Penno

Thanks for the advice, I will check them out.

Paul Danik

Hi Rick,

I just now looked in my Sachs parts and found a NOS carb to airbox rubber boot. In comparing it to the one on V-015 I can't tell if they are the same or not, and I don't want to try to take it off as it is half a century old and most likely has never been off.....and most assuredly would give me fits trying to put it back on.

I am heading to the shop in a few minutes and I think I have a few NOS boots there as well, possibly from Wassells or maybe Penton or Sachs. Send me your address and I will drop the DKW one in the mail along with any others that look to be a possible fit for your 68" project..  You have my email.

Thanks,
Paul