Red Bud

Started by Mike Schulz, October 01, 2018, 04:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Schulz

Hi All,
Anybody going to the MXGP of Nations at Red Bud this weekend?

70MXer

Yes sir, my wife and I will be there supporting Team USA.

wfopete

I'm in Michigan now with my $450 Silver Ticket in hand.  Looks like a little rain for the weekend but this should be a great race!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

tooclose racing

I'm thinking about dropping everything and driving up Saturday, have an AHRMA racing friend with a trackside campsite, food and drink.

$450 silver?  Do you get to ride their bikes?  And just what IS the forecast?  I was at the 1987 Unadilla mudfest.  Amazing time.

chicagojerry

i will be there AND I have EXTRA room available in south bend (16 miles) for friday and sat for mxon. 60$/night rodeway inn.  also a sunday only adult ticket.  440 213 5146 [email protected]

70MXer

Yep mud fest it will be, we'll be in the VIP Gold Skybox section. $700 each , I know , I know ,, but it was on my bucket list. Go USA !!

rob w

wfopete

Maybe I was seeing things, but Sunday morning I swear I saw Jack Penton in a orange KTM poncho there.

Can anyone confirm or do I need to get my eyes checked?

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

paul a. busick

Our group of trail riders had gone up to the Houghton Lake MI area for some fun.  On the way up on Wednesday we were happy that it was raining.  Rain=no dust. Right? It was cold and blowing the next morning and RAINING.  We did squeeze in about 45 miles and gave up for the day.  The areas that were usually dry and dusty were now small lakes and deep puddles.  We got in about the same miles Friday and returned to the Motel. I had to do my laundry that evening.  I had tried surfing in one of the larger puddles with good results that unfortunately proved that my riding gear was not up to the specs of a dry suit. It rain all Friday night into Saturday morning. At that time the consensus of opinion was to pack-up and go home. At least my gear was clean,but the bike was not.  We gathered together Sunday to watch the Red Bud debacle in the shelter of a warm living room. My hat is off to all the D.Nations riders. Amherst Paul:(