steel tanker clutch cable

Started by johnborn, October 02, 2018, 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnborn

i am in need of a n.o.s. or pristine clutch cable for a steel tanker.must have the metal ferrule and rubber boot that fit the clutch cover. this is literally going on a museum piece, and has to look new .

Bob Gilman

John,I have a black nos hi point cable in the package,I will give you this if is what you are after.

johnborn

thank, you Bob , I APPRECIATE IT. I am in need of one of the gray cables with the lube  point to put on v003. i noticed in a photo from the 50th , the rubber boot is missing, and there appears to be a cable adjuster at the engine end of the cable. i cant believe i did not notice it before. i will have to go to columbus to change it. thanks , again.

Paul Danik

John,

I have a very nice used correct cable that I will bring to the POG meeting for you on Thursday, I am still looking for a NOS one as I should have one. Soon it will not be as much fun to be playing outside and I will be spending the days back in the shop. Just have to say how the picture of your dad on V-003 taken during that first outing of the Penton Sportcycles fifty years ago is one of my all time favorites...

Sure do miss him. He sure did get a kick out of folks stopping him at events and shaking his hand and thanking him for all he did....thinking he was John Penton....:D Then in 2000 when he, John and I traveled to California together for the POG display as featured mark he was mistaken for another of the great ones....  Your dad, Tom Penton and I went to the AHRMA flat track race one night and as we were leaving a younger gal tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to your dad and asked if he was Dick Mann !

You know Ed Youngblood was always amazed at how well your dad could proof read written material, Ed said he was one of the best proof readers he ever knew if not the very best, and coming from Ed that is saying a lot. When Ed was writing the John Penton book your dad, Jack and I were provided Ed's drafts chapter by chapter to proof read for accuracy as well as grammar, and your dad always nailed the grammar part. We would meet before POG meetings and go over what we felt needed to be addressed and Ed was in constant awe of Mr. Al Born and his flawless grasp of the written word.

http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=4550&hr=1

Paul

johnborn

Thanks , Paul , it is much appreciated. See you Thursday.