Ollie Martin Home Page photo

Started by Paul Danik, November 15, 2018, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

A sincere "Thank You" to the Ollie Martin family and Al Martin in particular for supplying the new home page photo featuring Ollie. It is interesting to see that the photo is from Ollie's home town of Eighty Four, PA and looks to be from a TT Scrambles event.

"Back in the day" the Western Pennsylvania Motorcycle Racing Association was made up of about 12 clubs including the Race & Sport Cycle Riders of Eighty Four, PA. and possibly that photo is from one of their events. I do believe that Nelson McCullough and his son's were familiar with that track as well, if I have my facts straight from a conversation with Nelson a while back.

In my teens I was a member of the Connoquenessing Valley Riders Association out of Evans City,Pa and our track was part of the circuit along with the Eighty Four, PA track and the 10 or so others.
I know I rode the Eighty Four track a couple of times and find it intriguing that possibly Ollie had shown me his rear wheel a time or two "back in the day" on the local circuit.

I sure wish I had realized that Ollie had ridden there and could have talked to him about those events.

Great photo of a great friend, thanks for sharing it.

Paul

rob w

Love seeing the picture of Ollie.
Thanks

fischercycle

HELLO PAUL YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT WAS RIGHT BEHIND THE FIRST 84 LUMBER YARD, THAT WAS AROUND 1968 CALLED A TT TRACK WITH ONE OR TWO SMALL JUMPS 2 TURNS AND STRAIGHT AWAY, I THINK YOU WERE RIDING A HONDA OF SOME SORT, AND SEEING A FEW PENTONS THERE, I WAS RIDING A 1977 GREEVES 360MX. PAUL THAT WAS ONLY 50YRS, AGO. WHEN WE ONLY HAD 30 OR 40TY.RIDERS THEN,PAUL CORRECT ME IF I,AM WRONG OK, BUT WE WERE THE PACE SETTERS. NOW TODAY THEY GET 300 TO 700 RIDERS, LOOK AT ALL WE HAVE ACHIEVED WITH THOSE OLD BIKES,SORRY TO SEE OLD OLLIE GONE, WE HAD A LOT OF GOOD OLD BIKE TALKS TOGETHER, WE WILL ALL MISS YOU OLLIE, R.I.P.  JAKE FISCHER

Toolsurfer

Nice picture with a lot of good memories for me . Things were much simpler and affordable for average dirt biker. Lots of fun.[8D]