Hollister in November

Started by SoCal996, September 25, 2002, 09:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal996

Hi all,

I'm thinking about riding the AHRMA MX race in Hollister Ca. on November 3rd (I believe that's the date). But, it is a relatively long drive for a weekend of racing, so I was hoping any POG members who have participated in the Hollister event over the last couple of years would give me some idea of the track and turnout.

Anyone planning on going?

Regards,
Brian
'72 125 race ready --I hope

SoCal996

I should engage brain before typing! Hollister is October 20 and Tulare is November 3. I'm still interested in info on Hollister.

Brian

dennis rowedder

Quotequote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about riding the AHRMA MX race in Hollister Ca. on November 3rd (I believe that's the date). But, it is a relatively long drive for a weekend of racing, so I was hoping any POG members who have participated in the Hollister event over the last couple of years would give me some idea of the track and turnout.

Anyone planning on going?

Regards,
Brian
'72 125 race ready --I hope

OUCWBOY

Brian,
I have never been to Hollister, but, was wondering how you are transporting your Penton? How much room do you have????? Wondering (if you go) if you would have room to haul a bike back for me? It'll put a smile in your wallet!
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

dennis rowedder

Hi Brian, Hollister is an amazing track, very fast and loamy, they have trucked in tons of sand over the last few months. Its smooth and wfo in practice, big braking bumps and deep rutted corners in the motos. Jump face's are mellow and don't get rutted,also the track setting is beautiful , in its own little valley ,  I race there maybe twice a month, you should 'nt miss it regards Dennis.

imported_n/a

Brian,

Hollister is a great track with a large turnout.  The "elevator shaft" alone is worth the trip.  If you can make this race you should.  To me it is second only to Chehalis on the west coast.  I plan on having my '73 250 ready and this is one of the tracks where 6th gear is really nice to have.

George

lobo6y

Brian,
Hollister is one of the best vintage races in the west, as Dennis and George indicate.  

Turnout is always above 300 entries, and there are plenty of Classic 125 racers.

The track is about 85% of the original mid-70s GP track, just like it was, including the "elevator shaft" (although it is far less steep on the top than it used to be in "the day").

SCRU (Santa Clara Riders Unlimited) runs a VERY good show (with AHRMA national officials aiding) including a legends roundup interview at halftime, and frequently a legends race.  

A national Trial will be held on Saturday and early MX Signup and Tech will follow Saturday afternoon.  The weekend also includes a swap meet and "Concours" in the pits.

Come on out - you'll have a great time.

reagrds, dave janiec

SoCal996

Thanks guys, I'll be there AHRMA # 51M.

Brian

lobo6y

Quotequote:
Thanks guys, I'll be there AHRMA # 51M.

Brian,
Say hi when you get there!  I'll probably tech your bike ( I love looking at Pentons), and I hope to ride, if my back is better!
Dave Janiec
AHRMA 6y