Penton KRP #30 first build in the UK..very newbie

Started by redspanner, January 17, 2019, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redspanner

Hi my name is Giles
I live in Windsor,Berkshire United Kingdom.
I am very much a newbie, and will welcome all advice on my project to restore the Penton KRP #30 short track frame..well 'restore' perhaps isn't right...it has never been built into any kind of motorcycle, it's still got new packing on it! So I want to faithfully create what it should have been.
I will have many questions..Flat track is becoming more popular here over the last couple of years, I went to short track school last weekend..and had a blast. I have raced bikes since the 70's mainly Grasstrack, and Speedway.
I'm very excited by the Penton project, and will post pictures of the chassis as soon as I work out how :)

redspanner

Hello Rob, Thanks for the pictures, I had found one of them on the web, and this is what I am striving for. here are some pictures of what I have got, I am in new to this so I am trying to expand my knowlege in all the areas as in the information here copied from POG
1977 Penton/ K-R (Kenny Roberts)
 * New short tracker model introduced mid-February
* 250cc KTM 5 speed engine, 40mm Lectron carburetor, Motoplat ignition
* Cranke designed expansion chamber
* Frame is K-R designed and tested by Kenny Roberts
* Handlebars and fiberglass body work are K-R designed
* Wheels and disc brakes are A.D.E products
* Magura controls
* Ceriani forks
* S & W shocks
* Carlisle tires

Here are a my pictures and thanks for your assistance Giles
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOr6KPynmlhg-PN-mwgdEcVgBemSWy2YoQEB9dL

Carl Hill

I was in the Hi Point warehouse back in the early 80s? and saw some of those right hand shift engines on the shelf. Wonder where they ended up?

redspanner

Hello Rob, Thanks for the pictures, I had found one of them on the web, and this is what I am striving for. here are some pictures of what I have got, I am in new to this so I am trying to expand my knowlege in all the areas as in the information here copied from POG
1977 Penton/ K-R (Kenny Roberts)
 * New short tracker model introduced mid-February
* 250cc KTM 5 speed engine, 40mm Lectron carburetor, Motoplat ignition
* Cranke designed expansion chamber
* Frame is K-R designed and tested by Kenny Roberts
* Handlebars and fiberglass body work are K-R designed
* Wheels and disc brakes are A.D.E products
* Magura controls
* Ceriani forks
* S & W shocks
* Carlisle tires

Here are a my pictures and thanks for your assistance Giles
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOr6KPynmlhg-PN-mwgdEcVgBemSWy2YoQEB9dL

Carl Hill

I was in the Hi Point warehouse back in the early 80s? and saw some of those right hand shift engines on the shelf. Wonder where they ended up?