Early 175 cylinder Question

Started by Larry Perkins, March 08, 2019, 12:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Was the bolt up on the cylinder different on the early Jackpiners with an Amal than the manifold for a Bing?  There is a POG member wanting to put a Bing on his bike and I thought you just had to change the manifild to do it but the one he has is different boltup than was the Amal manifold.  Any help here appreciated.

Larry P

G Ellis

Larry Perkins

Maybe the manifold he has is not from a 175 then because it is different than his original Amal one.  Gary do you have one from a 175 that you could measure difference between bolts?

Larry P

G Ellis

Yes will send you some photos.

Rocket

The Bing mount was spigot mount and the Amal was a flange mount to the carbs.  To the cylinder they were the same.
RCG

Larry Perkins

Then he has the wrong Bing mount.  Need to find a proper 175 one for him.

Larry P

Paul Danik

Larry,

I have a NOS still in the package intake that I think is what you need. part # 52.30.050.000  is on the package and I looked in the parts book and from what I can see it is the correct one. Please check the number to confirm and if you have an interest let me know. It has a flange for the carb to slide onto and the other end has the 4 bolt holes.

[email protected]

Paul

Larry Perkins

Will do Paul.  It is for another member trying to get his bike sorted out and wants a Bing.  Thanks!

Larry P