Jackpiner up for adoption.

Started by Paul Danik, May 01, 2019, 04:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

I have a Jackpiner with a build date of 211, November of 1972, that I am putting up for adoption. This particular machine is about as original as original can get and with very few miles on it. It does have the tool rack and tool bag on it.

Included with this Jackpiner are the two tags that were tied to the handlebars of Penton Sportcycles when you opened up the crate. One tag is the MOTOR tag that was on the motor at KTM and has the motor serial number on it, and tells where the engine is ultimately headed, USA PENTON and states that it is a TYPE 52 175.

The second tag is the CONTROL-SLIP that accompanied the frame as the bike was built which contains the frame number as well as the engine number and type: PENTON-KTM 175cc.

The original Austrian twine that was used to tie these two tags to the handlebars is still on each tag, as is the Motoplat timing pin.

I have owned this machine since December of 2008 and am the second owner. The original owner bought it and stored it at his friends shop after he had an accident on his street bike and his wife insisted he sell all of his motorcycles. The Jackpiner's owner would stop by when the mood struck and ride the bike around his friend's yard and then spend a couple of hours cleaning and polishing it.

35 years after the original owner bought the bike I purchesed it and picked it up on December 6, 2008. The Jackpiner has been used in many Penton / POG displays over the years and is currently part of the 19th. Annual Vintage Motorcycle Exhibit at The National Packard Museum in Warren, Ohio till May 18th.

If you have an interest in this machine drop me a line and I can supply a few photos of it taken while on display at The National Packard Museum and answer any questions you might have.

Some fees do apply...:)

[email protected]

Thanks,
Paul

xracer

morning paul what are you asking for the jackpiner when in doubt gas it  Dave  Callison

johnborn

Hey Paul, I think you have my email address,I would like to see a picture of it , if possible.