Kip Kern

Started by Kip Kern, September 04, 2019, 10:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Not too much to report Bob...  Yes, I have raced here before; 2017 that had a different start area.  For some reason, they chose to put the start on a narrow downhill.  It was only wide enough for about eight bikes, so, if you didn't get there early, you started behind your row.  The fact that there was a flat, wide spot 50 yards up the hill and was not used is beyond me.....  oh well.  The course it self was really nice.  It had several steep up and downhills, and nice flowing trail.  Never too much of any one thing.  Unfortunately, it was super dusty along with very high temps and humidity.  Not exactly ideal riding conditions.  I don't know what the total of riders were, but, it seems there was the usual great turn out.  The trophies were really nice, and, as a bonus, JP was there to sign them for all of us! I only rode two lap on Saturday.  I wasn't having much fun eating all the dust.  As usual, my 250 ran great without any issues.  As for me, I guess father time has caught with me.  I have pretty much lost the competitive drive and have become a really slow rider going round and round out there.  I still have fun, but I am going slower and slower. As far as how I did, I was in the bottom half of the overall with my lap times, no surprise there. Having JP on the grounds was the main reason for going to the event, and it was well worth the eight hour drive. You missed a good one!

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

Okay James - need your racing report, pal.  Pretty sure you've done this event before, but tell us the story anyway - track, rider sign-ups, what you raced, how you did.

(PS - raced King Ferry XC, ran about 5th out of 25 intermediates in PV with my MC5 until my brake rod fell off on last lap! Turns out I really need my rear brake in the woods!)

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa