Penda

Started by thrownchain, October 13, 2019, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Penton/ Honda hybrid for sale on the vft site under street bikes. Cool unit.

Larry Perkins

Bought it yesterday.  Looking for a ride for it from Cali back to Illinois along with an SL100 motor.

Larry P

thrownchain

I just got back from Cali yesterday.....

Larry Perkins

Bummer.  Too bad my timing was bad Dan.  Looking for a reasonable ride.  Might have one or two more bikes too.  Hopefully can get it done halfway reasonable but it is what it is.

Larry P

thrownchain

I had a full load going out, could have used a few more coming back, but I only had 1 coming back. Surely had room.

tooclose racing

WHAT a cool find, Larry Perkins!  Hope I run into you and "yours" at a future race.

For whatever reason, we've got Vintage guys up here in the NE and MA areas that just love souping up and going fast on small bore SL/XL Hondas in Vintage XC. Actually - you can thank the Bennett Brothers for building these very fast little machines, but that's another story.

This is the best of both worlds, other than I'm gonna guess this bike might be a bit on the heavy side. When I have to lift up either end of my 74.5 Jackpiner I just about have a hernia, compared to doing the same with my MC5. Wierd, but true.

Also noticed there is now a Framecrafters Trackmaster Style frame available to build around these Little Tractor Motors.  Oh well.

Good luck with getting that bad boy back East.

Larry Perkins

I am going to race it next season but I also bought a big bore 100 SL motor and am using this complete bike as a model to build a 100 Class version to sell.  Have the Penda stickers to put on tank.  Will be cool I think.

Larry P