What is this part?

Started by crheeterman, October 22, 2019, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crheeterman

Picked up a Large cush drive for my '73 Jackpiner project. Removed the first set of clips, bearings from the brake side of hub and inside rattling around is/was a strange looking triangular shaped cog/bushing I've never seen before. It's intricately machined, about 1.25" long & 1" in total diameter. It does fit over the sprocket carrier bushing but is clearly damaged on both ends and inside. With the exception of this damaged "wuts it?" the rest of the entire hub and it's parts are in good usable shape. In addition, this "thing" does not appear in any of the parts lists or owners manuals that I have. Is somebody playin' a trick on this old man?? Or do I need a replacement to complete the task? Many thanks in advance to any/all on POG for your input. I know my posts are often rambling and a bit wonky sometimes.

Chris H.  

crheeterman

Not a New Member, had to create a new profile for some reason. Thanks to Admin. this site for all her assistance!!!!

Chris

KJDonovan

Chris,

That part is a spacer that goes between the 2 sets of 6003 bearings in the rear hub.  Part number is 51-10-011-000. The picture in the parts manual depicts it as round, but some where triangular shaped and others were round.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

crheeterman

Thanks very much Kevin for the speedy reply! ... and for the part number. Much appreciated,

Chris H.