Want to buy Penton

Started by naga418, October 24, 2002, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naga418

I found a Penton today that I am considering buying but I have no idea what it is. I ride a KTM so the Penton kind of tickles me in the right spot.

Here goes

Frame # 21260053
Sachs engine

Red fiberglass tank, yellow number plates, red airbox

Other than that I am clueless

Any info is much appriciated, if I can get just a little info and it is still there in the morning I will be a new Penton owner and I am sure I will have a ton of questions to ask while I try and get her running.

PS  Kicks through ok and seem to have compression. Does not want to shift, but I did not roll it around to see if I could get it to shift either. Other than that the bike seems to be in pretty good shape and appears to be in unrestored original condition. I just want to ride it and get her back to top running condition:)

Thanks again for your time.

ktmkirk

Quotequote:
I found a Penton today that I am considering buying but I have no idea what it is. I ride a KTM so the Penton kind of tickles me in the right spot.

Here goes

Frame # 21260053
Sachs engine

Red fiberglass tank, yellow number plates, red airbox

Other than that I am clueless

Any info is much appriciated, if I can get just a little info and it is still there in the morning I will be a new Penton owner and I am sure I will have a ton of questions to ask while I try and get her running.

PS  Kicks through ok and seem to have compression. Does not want to shift, but I did not roll it around to see if I could get it to shift either. Other than that the bike seems to be in pretty good shape and appears to be in unrestored original condition. I just want to ride it and get her back to top running condition:)

Thanks again for your time.

Sounds Like a Penton 100cc Berkshire....Kirk

naga418

Is or was the Birkshire 100 a good bike? I think I would rather have a little more in the cc department but if it was a good bike in its day I would consider it. I ride a 02 KTM520 now so it is obvious that I like the big bore feel.

Thanks for the reply

naga418

The bike I saw does not say Brekshire 100 on the tank. It also has what appears to be a decompression lever on the left handle bar by the clutch.

I pretty much have to make my decison on putting down my $175 in the morning so any and all help is much apprciated.

This bike cosmetically looks pretty darn good. Would a Berkshire 100 be worth $175 on cosmetics alone?????

OUCWBOY

What you saw on the left handlebar was most likely the choke lever. Does the bike run? A berkshire is well worth the 175 in just parts alone. Keep in mind, some folks turned their 100's into 125's.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

imported_n/a

I'm in the process of building a 100cc Berkshire right now.  I think for $175 it could make a good beginning for you in the Penton world.  However, you must consider that it's no KTM big-bore thumper, but a pipey 100cc screamer.  It seems to be a good value at the asking price.

Glenn

naga418

Thanks guys

I think I will take the plunge and bring her to a good home. I am sure you guys will be hearing from me in the future

naga418

It's all mine and I can't wait to start trying to get her started. Once I do that I will then begin to clean her up real good and start working on getting any missing parts.

Thanks again to all those who helped me on such short notice.