old poem about a harley

Started by paul a. busick, January 20, 2020, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul a. busick

Does any one remember the poem about a Harley?  I remember seeing it in the OLD Penton (chicken coop) BSA shop way back when.
It goes something like this-Ya though I coast down the valleys and push up the hills  It anoints my clothes with oil,my boots over flow. It uses the 23rd psalm for its rhythm.  I tried the net but found nothing.  Anyone?  Amherst Paul [8]

GeorgeBressler

Buy a Harley
Buy the best
Ride a mile
And walk the rest...

Harley Harley made of tin
Ride 'em out and push 'em in

Studies show 95% of all Harleys built since 1987 are still on the road.
The other 5% actually made it home

Rick Bennett

Buy a Penton
Buy the best
Ride it a mile
Wheelie the rest

Pat Oshaughnessy

Tom Penton

Art, thanks for the memory of the "Old Shop". I also remember the pine wood addition (showroom and parts) being quite new, to contrast with the old service dept, "chicken coop".

I've seen scant pictures of that old shop ... any out there somebody knows about?

Tom Penton
Tom Penton

Mike Rosso

Quotequote:Originally posted by Tom Penton

Art, thanks for the memory of the "Old Shop". I also remember the pine wood addition (showroom and parts) being quite new, to contrast with the old service dept, "chicken coop".

I've seen scant pictures of that old shop ... any out there somebody knows about?

Tom Penton

This one Tom?

Tom Penton

Thanks, Mike! I do remember as I walked in the front door the BMW's were lined up on the right, just like the picture. On the left were Japanese bikes: at first Yamaha's and later Honda's like the picture. (Dad was a Yamaha dealer prior to becoming a Honda dealer.) I remember a couple Arial's also.

Tom Penton
Tom Penton