Words of Wisdom spoken by John Penton

Started by Paul Danik, December 22, 2019, 06:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Over the years and in many various situations John Penton has made statements that have etched themselves in my mind, and possibly some of your have heard such words of wisdom as well.

I don't remember the situation, but I sure do remember his words. "It is easier to take a mechanic and make a rider out of him, than to take a rider a make a mechanic out of him".

Paul

Rick Bennett

I am pretty sure there would need to be some natural talent either way. He must have been working on a hammer mechanic's bike. Merry Christmas.

Rain Man

Nice, all I know is you spend a lot more time fixing then riding!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Toolsurfer

I agree with John's wisdom . Had 4-5 buddies that had nice machines but had no knowledge of them . I maintained the Yamaha's , Hodaka's and Carabella's among other just so we could ride together on the weekends in the early 70's . These guys were smart enough not to try after a few major foul ups and $$$$$ wasted . Just my experience . School of hard knocks can be expensive .

Pat Oshaughnessy

Thats very interesting.i always thought I was a better mechanic than a rider. I think I bought the Hammer mechanics bike & rebuilt it. I got it cheap ! You get what you pay for !;)