68 125 SIXDAY

Started by VO64, March 06, 2020, 07:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VO64

Hello, so I am curious about my 68 SD frame number reads V 064 is this the vin#? Seems to short for that. I inherited it from my uncle years ago. I know he bought it new in Ohio and raced the Black Jack enduro series in Missouri with it. I want to restore it I think and want to research as much about it as I can. Any suggestions or information that might help? Thanks in advance!

Daniel P. McEntee

Yes, that is the way they did that back then. Go back to the main menu for the web site, and there is a section that explains how the frame numbers work for all model Pentons. I forget what year it was where they had to standardize like the rest of the industry, but in the early days, that was the VIN number. Check out the other sections of the site also, lots of useful information, and especially the photo section where you can look at other bikes to help ID what parts you may be needing. There is a survey for steel tank owners also , and it guides you through a process that will probably answer a lot of questions you haven't thought of yet! Welcome to the group and you will have some fun learning about these great bikes!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Daniel P. McEntee

Yes, that is the way they did that back then. Go back to the main menu for the web site, and there is a section that explains how the frame numbers work for all model Pentons. I forget what year it was where they had to standardize like the rest of the industry, but in the early days, that was the VIN number. Check out the other sections of the site also, lots of useful information, and especially the photo section where you can look at other bikes to help ID what parts you may be needing. There is a survey for steel tank owners also , and it guides you through a process that will probably answer a lot of questions you haven't thought of yet! Welcome to the group and you will have some fun learning about these great bikes!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee