1968 Six Day Rear Shocks - WTB

Started by johnbowman, April 15, 2020, 09:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbowman

Hello group,

I hope that you are all doing well.

I am looking for a needle in three haystacks. I need original rear shocks to put on my 1968 Penton Six Day. I actually have one shock that might be salvaged, but I need at least one more.

If anyone would part with a set or just one in a pinch, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a fairly complete bike. I'm trying to get it back to original.

Thanks,

John

Bill Campbell

Hi John. I would be your last resort as I am locked up in Australia. Well, at home during the crisis. If you look at my topic V1675 on this website you will see a set of shocks on the bike. I have replaced them with a pair of Konis which I am happy with. If you like the shocks as I'm not entirely sure they are true to 68 Pentons or if they are Ceriani at all. By description one appears to be ok just whilst the other has a bent and rusted shock shaft. Both shocks appear to be rebuildable. Please have a look at V1675 and let me know what you think. I will send photos via POG facebook if you like. Cheers Bill

Paul Danik

KJDonovan

John,

Here is a source that looks similar - I don't know the eye to eye measurement or the OD of the shroud of shocks for the steel tanker, but these look close and Paul at Moto Guzzino is a great vendor to deal with.

https://guzzino.stores.yahoo.net/dubesicosh25.html

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Bill Campbell

Ah I sit enlightened. Forgot about the enclosed ones. Thats before my time.
Bill

John, from the home-page go to photo gallery then down to bottom to "Dave Sanders Penton Museum Or Collection" The first bike is my 1968 125 and has its original unrestored never rebuilt shocks on it. They have been chromed and repainted only. Next bike is my 1969 ? Penton 100 that I made up the shocks. The base is a set of Konis, I made up the upper shields from exhaust pipe. In a pinch the upper and lower shields could be made. On my 1969 the rear photo shows the tail-light and license plate and the license plate is from John Pentons bike. Larry Maiers sent me the plate back in Jan of 1981, still had some mud on it. Thank you again Larry. I talked with Al Born back in the day and he told me my tail-light was not right. He said parts were iffy and he or John went to the Western Auto store and got some trailer lights. I have a picture of him and his Penton at home or could be Daytona and its shows a simple black tail-light. I have'nt found one as yet. The picture also shows the speed-o on the front of crossbar and looks to me mounted with black rubber strap or mybe black elec tape. Also it was chrome. Boy this staying at home is Penton time if you don't let the ol Lady put you to work. Ha Ha Ol Dave