MIKE WINTER

Started by Larry Perkins, July 19, 2020, 04:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Ellis

Very said to here of Mike passing. Friends for many years. We will meet again. Will miss the Penton Central Illinois meetings. Prayers to Madison and Family.

thrownchain

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Mike Rosso

Thanks Dale.

I found this link through your link.

Thanks again Dale.

https://www.barkleyfuneralchapels.com/obituary/Michael-Winter

Mike was one of the nicest people I have met through all of the motorcycle community. He delivered a '76 Penton 125 MX to me that I had purchased from him a few years back without even asking. I would have gladly driven out to get it but he went out of his way to bring it to me. He arrived a little later than when he was hoping to arrive at KTM but that was no problem for me as I was used to staying late into the evenings there. We had a great time as we spent several hours with me giving him the $1.50 tour of every part of KTM and just talking Penton, KTM and just everything motorcycle and vintage cars. We closed up KTM well after midnight and I offered to find a motel or if he wanted to stay at KTM but he just wanted to get back on the road heading home. A great time we had and I always remembered that over the years and had that little internal smile when he posted or members spoke about him. When I get the 125 finished I will probably have a MRW decal made for it, may even run number 454. GODSPEED Mike.

Mike

slvrbrdfxr

Very sad to hear the tragic news of Mike's untimely passing. My deepest sympathy to Madison and all of Mike's family. Over the years, he had helped me more times than I can count and I will always be grateful for that. You're in my thoughts and prayers my friend so godspeed.
Dave McC

Dennis Jones

So tragic. Mike was such helping person. Many bikes have traded hands out of his Mid-Ohio swap meet spot.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

thrownchain

scott brogan

Very Sad News.  One of the best guys out there.
Rest in peace our friend[V]

johnbowman

Mike was really helpful with my rookie efforts to save Pentons. He brought my Jackpiner from Michigan. He delivered many parts for my continual projects. He has contributed in some way to almost every Penton that I own. Lori and I had dinner with Mike and Madison when we picked up a fork set for my Six Day. Great couple. Hearing their story and listening to their faith was a rare treasure in today's world.

Mike will be sorely missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

RIP

John

JCHubbard

His passing is such very sad news to hear. Mike helped out me with several projects over the years and I am grateful that I had the pleasure of meeting him several years back at the York Swapmeet  He was a gracious, kind and humble man -- and a great POG member who will be sorely missed.
JC Hubbard