12V Bulb for Bullet Style Headlamp?

Started by KJDonovan, August 06, 2020, 05:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Looking for an oddball item.  I am switching a bike with the small 90MM ZKW (Bullet Style) headlamp from a Motoplat ignition (6V) to a VAPE (Power Dynamo) ignition and I am looking for a 12V bulb that will fit in the original lamp socket.  Original bulb has a 15MM OD and the contacts are the same as an 1157 bulb, but both retention pins are closer to contacts, i.e. – not staggered like an 1157.  

I imagine, I am not the first person looking to overcome this hurdle – what did you use?  I would add, I have already spoken with my regular suppliers of odd electrical items and they came up with nothing.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

KJDonovan

--- Responding to my own post in case anyone is looking for the same solution.  

I found some 12V LED bulbs that fit the original socket in the "bullet style headlamp" perfectly.  The bulb number is BA15D and they are available on Amazon for about 8 bucks each.  It is a whole lot brighter than the original and I did not notice any excess heat when I ran it.  Best of all it did not flash bulb when running off the 12V 100W VAPE ignition.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NbX3bYtR3Vek3qCi7

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint