Pine Lake - Ashtabula

Started by johnbowman, July 28, 2020, 04:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbowman

Anyone planning on going to the AHRMA cross country race in Ashtabula on August 8 & 9? I just registered. Looks like I'm making the 12 hour drive to let the 1972 Jackpiner out of the barn for a minute. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ride so close to Pentonville.

I'm planning on stopping by to see Al and Dale on the way. I'm sure that I can find a few more parts that I need by then.

I'll probably bring my Six Day as a back-up. That's a long way to drive (from Memphis, TN) to have your only bike not run.

Richard Colahan

Similar to the recent XC at Friendsville MD, there will be a significant group from the always active Mid Atlantic Region...
Be ready for some dirt-tracking on their TT course before you head into the woods. Lots of fun!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

johnbowman

Good to know. Thanks.

Quotequote:Originally posted by Richard Colahan

Similar to the recent XC at Friendsville MD, there will be a significant group from the always active Mid Atlantic Region...
Be ready for some dirt-tracking on their TT course before you head into the woods. Lots of fun!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

dennis brown

We are planning a good track.single CV track,hills ,Creek section,flat tract,grass track mx.after the c.c.sat.on SAT.after c.c.is a ahrma national flat track.after the c. C. Sun. Is the great lakes regional  mx a grass track

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

johnbowman

Dennis,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the course. It sounds like it will be challenging and have a lot of different types of riding. That usually means some serious fun and tall tales after the race.

I will definitely hang around Saturday for the National Flat Track event. On Sunday, I'm going to have to leave as early as possible to start the drive back home.

Stay safe!

John

fischercycle

HELLO , WHAT IS TIME STARTING ON SATURDAY, CAN YOU RIDE TWO DIFFERENT BIKES IN TWO DIFFERENT CLASSES ? WE;RE PLANING ON BEING THERE, ONE OTHER THING WHAT IS THE ADDRESS FOR THIS EVENT,I WILL BE RIDING A PENTON SO YOU GUYS BETTER HAVE YOUR S..T TOGHTER AND DON;T BE MISSING ANY SHIFTS BECAUSE ILL BE GONE , JAKE

Richard Colahan

Jake, this event was alot of fun last year and should be similar this year. Here's a link with the schedule:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cc-pine-lake-raceway-ashtabula-oh-sat-hagerty-mx-trails-ahrma-457596

A recap...all times approx based on how the day goes...
Sat: 7:00 sign up
8:30 Rider's Mtg
9:00 Site lap
10:00 Vintage XC
12:00 PV XC

Sun: 7:00 sign up
8:30 Rider's mtg
9:00 Vintage XC
11:00 PV XC

They will likely do Fri late-afternoon sign up also.

Quite a few racers with both V and PV bikes enter both races.

address: 3796 Maple Road, Jefferson Ohio

Lord willing, hope to see you there on my 1973 Husky 125 WR!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

derek martin

There's a good post currently  on the ADVRider forum under Riding then Racing done by an avid Penton man regarding his experience at this event. Don't know if he's a POG member, if not, he should be.

derek martin

Just looked closer at the photographs in the just discussed ADVRider post and noticed the bike number plates had Bowman as the rider's name. Great post there good sir.

johnbowman

Hello fellow POG members,

I am indeed a POG member. Here is a link to my post on the ADVRIDER forum:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/riding-a-1972-penton-jackpiner-175-at-ashtabula.1461011/

You'll probably have to copy and paste it in your browser. I just got home a few hours ago. It was a really long drive. I'll finish the last day tomorrow and post some more pictures.

It was awesome to see so many Penton owners. It was the opportunity of a lifetime to get to visit with John and Jack Penton, Dale F., Al and Dale Buehner, and a host of other Penton riders. What a great group of people.

Oh, yeah. We had a race, too.

dennis brown

was nice meeting you! hope you can make it next year!

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

johnbowman

Dennis,

Great meeting you! I was really impressed with all of the locals and Penton owners. What a great group of people! That trip is going to be hard to beat. Hope to see you guys again soon.

I can't think about another long drive yet. I'm just now recovering from the twelve hours home.

Have a good one.

John

dennis brown

john bowman, what kind of bike trailer did you bring to ohio thanks

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

johnbowman

Quotequote:Originally posted by dennis brown

john bowman, what kind of bike trailer did you bring to ohio thanks

dennis l.brown

Dennis,

That was a Cherokee Trailer. They are built in Byhalia, MS. It is just a few miles from my house. If you need more information, just let me know.

Here's their website link: https://cherokee-mfg.com/

Have a good one.

John