HIGH GEARING FOR BERKSHIRE BRAIN PICKER

Started by Larry Perkins, August 22, 2020, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Richard, I am told by people who have been there that on a good day the surface is like wet pavement.  The jetting will be a big consideration as I remember riding my 250 in Colorado and even with changed jetting it ran like a 125 as far as power went.  Thanks for the input.

Larry P

Rick Bennett

Track elevation is 4212. I was over 6500 on my last ride. Some wheel slippage will have to be figured in to the gearing. Final adjustments will have to be done on the spot. Take every sprocket you can find.

Pat Oshaughnessy

And all the jets for the Bing Carb. A device that tells corrected altitude is a must as it changes often. Dont take any tow car or trailer to the Salt that you plan on keeping! Advice I got a long time ago who raced there for yrs. It proved to be really good advice![:p]

Richard Colahan

Gearing...jetting...good E-0 VP (or similar...) race gas...Larry, just curious, what tires will you run?

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Larry Perkins

You have to get gas from the promoter and your tank is sealed for a record to be valid.  I am thinking Heindau tires as they seem to be the most used.

Larry P