***November Meeting***

Started by JamesHorwatt, October 29, 2020, 08:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHorwatt

***November Meeting*** Good Morning everyone, Again after some talking with fellow trustee's and members, it was decided to not to have a November monthly meeting.We have held several past meeting at outdoor venues and with winter setting in we feel it's not worth the risk to hold an indoor meeting at this time. Sorry for any inconvenience...

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100

paul a. busick

Am I missing something[?]  Amherst Paul

JamesHorwatt

I somehow made a post without its content :D

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100

Paul Danik

Greetings,

It is such a shame that we need to be so cautious about gathering together which led to the decision to cancel the November meeting, as well as several others.

"Back in the day" when a trip to the land of all things Penton was coming up for any reason I looked forward to the trip like a kid waiting on Christmas day. My first trip to Amherst was for John to repair my Steel Tanker. Over the next year or so trips were made for dealer school or to pick up parts and cycles with the local dealer.

As the years went on I started to watch for races being held at the Meadowlark's track and would try to make those when I could. I had an art teacher at school by the name of Dan Bogdanich who liked to ride and occasionally race. There was a MX coming up at the Meadowlark's and I talked Dan into going. On raceday we loaded his 250 CZ and my Penton on his three rail trailer behind his Mustang and off we went. We made a quick stop at the Penton Farm Market and I casually mentioned to the gal there that I was wondering if John Penton lived near by. I couldn't believe it when she pointed to the home across the street and said he lived right there.... Never dreamt that in a few years I would actually be invited to stay there and that the fresh fruit we ate in the morning would have been hand selected by "The Man" himself and carried across the road a few hours earlier and prepared by one of the nicest ladies in the world, Mrs. John Penton.

All good memories to be sure, and in these later years when I head to Amherst many of these fine memories seem to replay in my mind like U-tube videos when I happen to see something that triggers a flashback to days gone by.

Dan Bogdanich recently passed away and I never did get to ask him if my good grades in his class were related to my artistic abilities or was it something else... but I do think I know the answer...:)

Thank you Dan and may you rest in peace.

Paul