Classic Motorcycles Reception

Started by Mark Annan, October 23, 2002, 01:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Hi guys.  I just got back from Classic.  They are getting the place nicely set up.  The Penton collection is in the front display area, along with some other significant offroad bikes.  The back area has been cleaned and many more machines are being set up.  Almost all of the bikes on display will be VINDURO machines.  Most of the street bikes have been moved to storage for the party.  Dave recently picked up some old counter/display cases filled with neat old nick knacks. Much of this stuff will be out to look at as well.

There will be food there.  Hotdogs, chili, sandwiches, hamburgers, various side items.  Beverages will be on hand as well.  "Adult Beverages" will not be provided but If you want some you are welcome to bring it.  There is a 7-11 across the street if interested.  They are expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 people to make an appearance. It will be crowded. Most of the special guests are expected to be there between 5:00 and 7:00.  The doors will be open early in the afternoon.    

The last I heard there is a fairly good chance of rain in the area for Thursday.  So bring an umbrella.  It turns out that the Christie Banquet Center is having an event the same night so their parking lot will not be available.  Becky is going to have someone on a scooter cruzing the area to help people find parking and the shortest route to the shop.  There is a fairly large parking lot at a shopping center about 3/4 of a mile away from the shop.  It is along the east side of Kingshighway just before Christie.  If parking gets really bad they may start running a shuttle van from there to the shop.  In any event if you don't immediately see parking in front of the building stop by and someone should be able to direct you to some.

See you soon.

Mark A

Mark

Mark,
  Thanks for the "preview" of what's to come!!!  A big thanks also to Dave and Becky for all of their hard work and hospitality.  The planets appear to be aligned properly for an exit from Mars in a westward direction late tonight.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Paul

Mark Schmidt
Mark Schmidt

Paul Danik

I don't know what happened to the above post but I wrote the message and someone else's name appears with it.  Must be the sunspots!!!!
Paul

Doug Wilford

Very difficult to align planets and include St. Louis in the equation.   They have electricity.  Not like Mars!!