Lectron history on Pentons

Started by skiracer, November 26, 2020, 12:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Does anyone know if when Hi-Point offered Lectron's if they also offered a special intake?  I ask because I am not all that familiar with Lectrons and I just finished putting one on a 74 250.  It's a new carb and it came with heavy duty rubber connector to connect the spigot to spigot.  But there is no way it would fit using a straight intake.  I ended up using an angled intake, but I needed to shorten it by a ΒΌ" so the top of the carb would clear the pipe.  Even doing that it is a close fit.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Richard Colahan

I'm cleaning up a Lectron that I took off a 76 Husky 360 that's being parted out. A silly question...how can I tell if it has a power jet???

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

G Ellis

Carl I will take the 175 Lectron.

skiracer

Richard, on the intake side of the carb there would be a needle that sticks down into the airflow of the carb.  If it is a modern carb, it will have an adjusting screw on top of the needle.  The older ones do not have the screw adjuster.

Quotequote:Originally posted by Richard Colahan

I'm cleaning up a Lectron that I took off a 76 Husky 360 that's being parted out. A silly question...how can I tell if it has a power jet???

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

johnacapp

Carl, Wondering if you still have the Lectron for the 250?
If so I am interested
Thanks

John Capp
John Capp

johnacapp

Carl,
If you still have the Lectron for 250
and still available please contact me at
[email protected]

Thanks

John Capp
John Capp