E.C. Burt

Started by firstturn, March 08, 2012, 02:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Ron, what a great compilation of the history of EC..When I lived in Venice, I somehow wound up with a Dalesman! Man was I "stoked"!!!Snot nosed 17 year old.My brother worked at Webco in Venice, used to go to that shop to drool over all the speed goodies. And of course, the land of many Sachs neutrals plagued me to no end!!! One of the regulars at Webco was a member of Dirt Diggers local chapter, yes they were BIG! So some how, the Dalesman and I made it to EC's shop for some tuning. That same year, my brother and a few friends rode the Funky Pumpkin Enduro. Actually finished on the Dalesman! I took with me my custom painted helmet, complete with black splatter dots exploded with a straw!Duct taped to the back of my Leonardo Gumbo Schmugee helmet, I taped a Casper the friendly ghost white pie plate.  So many stories!!! Hope you are in good health, Tom..........

Thomas Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Daniel P. McEntee

I don't know about you other guys but I eat this stuff up!! Just LOVE this kind of stuff about our sport and where it came from. He was kind of like the Smokey Yunick of motorcycles! Thanks for posting again, I must have missed this the first time around.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

firstturn

Excellent point Daniel.  E C did live near Smokey at one time.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh