A loss of a significant member of the Penton Clan

Started by Jim Schneider, April 11, 2021, 06:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Schneider

Bruce Herbison died a few days ago. Some of you knew him, many only slightly, some missed out completely, a lost joyful opportunity! Bruce was as genuine and generous a soul as I ever expect to meet. The man gave and gave; pouring himself out - just like the Good Book suggests.
I could go on for a long time listing his contributions to we simple folks in multiple ways over his 77 year life. I am well pleased to have known him.
You might want to check out his obituary at //www.simpsonfamilyfuneralhomes.com and maybe ask for the fold-over history of this man to fill yourself in on his quiet successes. I think his wonderful wife, Pat, wrote much of it.
Meanwhile, you could take another look at the POG Photos list and search for Bruce Herbison's 125 Penton Six Day.
I just thought all of you should know the sort of people old dirt bikes attract. I sure hope each of us is one of them.
Jim Schneider

Paul Danik

Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing the sad news of Bruce's passing. It was always an extreme pleasure to see Bruce and Pat at different events over the years.

If I am not mistaken he had a Steel Tanker with an unusual air intake / filter system that he designed and built. The POG photo section is not functioning till the new message board is activated. I will most certainly be looking for his bike when the photos are once again accessible.

May he rest in peace.

Paul