Another Jackpiner Jetting/Carb Question

Started by holeshothawk3, June 02, 2021, 10:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holeshothawk3

I have a recently acquired 1972 Jackpiner that has a bad problem with loading up when at idle. Carb is a Bing 2/30/101. Jetting is as follows:
Pilot: 30
Main: 150
Needle Jet: 2.76
Jet Needle: 6G1 1 position above the bottom
Slide: not sure but has a "B" stamped in the bottom
Air Idle Screw: 2.5 turns out
I did check the float level and it is spot on it appears. Needle and needle jet are supposed to be new. The slide does show a slight bit of wear. Motor is pretty fresh and has a slight bit of porting done. The bike runs fantastic and clean once it comes off the bottom. Any suggestions would be a great help!

firstturn

Did you blow out all the holes in the Carburetor?  Did you try adjusting the air screw?  

Jet Needle: 6G1 1 position above the bottom?  Do you mean one position on the bottom of the needle jet as in making it rich?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

holeshothawk3

Yes one position above the very bottom clip, on the richer side of the needle. Yes everything is clean.

firstturn

I would start in the center.  Check your slide for a smile on it as a lot of time that is the problem.  Also be sure the needle and jet are new.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

skiracer

Or, you can save yourself alot of time and energy, and buy a real carb!  Yes, the Bing came on your bike, but, over the past 50 years technology has come a long way.....

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Bob Gilman