1978 KTM Shock Length

Started by tlanders, November 05, 2002, 03:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Does anybody know the correct shock length for the '78 KTM? I just got a basket case that wants to be recommissioned. If I put a Penton tank on it will it be a Penton? I could paint the orange frame silver, would that make it a Penton!!!???!!! Does anyone of you have one of these and if so, do you like it?

Teddy

rcrump1

Teddy;
I have a 78 KTM GS6 on the way and I wondered about turning it into a "Penton" also. I am curious to see what the POGGERS think about this. If no one can answer your shock length question before mine arrives (probably another week and a half) I will tell you what is on it.
Richard

DKWRACER

You might consider keeping the orange color as was the original etc...I had two done in powder coating, International Safety Orange from Cardinal, looks real good, or if painting can try 1970's orange AMC Mad Orange.
Good Luck!

Thomas Brosius

rcrump1

Did the International Safety Orange match the original color? Somehow the pictures I have seen look more red than orange.
Richard

imported_n/a

Hey, if you take any KTM, even a new one, and put a Penton sticker on it, is it a Penton?  Jeremy McGrath on a Penton?  

Sorry.

Glenn