Wanted-Penton Special Nut or part number

Started by slvrbrdfxr, April 14, 2023, 09:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
Would somebody in Pentonland happen to have a spare special tapered 10mm nut which is used to attach the lower end of the left side aluminum engine brace to a stud in the engine case on a KTM engine bike. Mine never made it back from the plating shop. I can't find the nut shown in any of the illustrate parts manuals I've looked at either so even if someone knows the part number that would be helpful too. I'm beginning to think this installation was only used in a short span of production on the KTM engined bikes from the approx 74.5 through 75 model years. Attached are a pictures of the engine brace and the nut installed on one of my other bikes which is a 74.5 Mint 400. Let me know. Thanks !
Dave McCullough

KJDonovan

Dave,

I am pretty sure I have a couple of these, will check this weekend when I'm back in the shop.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

skiracer

Very interesting.....  I can tell you this setup was not used on the the 76 MC-5 or the 76 XC models. 

If you can't find the correct bolt, can't you flip the support arm over so that the flat side is facing the bolt, and then you could use a standard flat faced bolt. (?)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

slvrbrdfxr

Kevin,
Thanks for taking the time to look for that nut. If you have a spare to offer that would be great. If I can't find one, then I may have to flip the brace over as skiracer asked about. Would rather not do that however except as a last resort. Let me know if you locate one. Thanks again for looking !
Dave McC

slvrbrdfxr

A big thanks to Kevin Donovan for sending me the special nut I was looking for !! Very much appreciated Kevin ! Thanks again !
Dave McCullough