KTM Motohall tour

Started by Paul Danik, April 01, 2023, 03:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings. I happened across a video that provides a tour of the KTM Motohall and thought some of you might find it interesting. Just before the 5 minute mark a Steel Tank Penton comes into view that has a connection to Mars, Pa, my hometown. If I may explain, a number of years ago the Penton Owners Group had a display at the International Motorcycle Show at the Cleveland, Ohio IX Center, and the Motohall Steel Tanker was in that POG display. Jerry Berky and I were checking out the display when he commented that the Steel Tanker was just what Leo Keller had told him to keep an eye out for as one was needed for the upcoming Motohall display. When Jerry realized it was my bike he asked if I would consider selling it, and if so could he take some photos of it and send them to Leo and see what Leo thought of it, to which I replied yes and yes ! In a matter of a month or so the sale of the Steel Tanker was complete and it was shipped off to Leo who prepared the bike for the display. It was not restored as the goal was to keep the patina, rather it was gently refurbished with loving care by Leo. From Mars to Mattighofen that Steel Tanker has traveled, and it most certainly has a wonderful home. The photo of John and Jack with the Steel Tanker was taken at the Motohall grand opening preview event. A trip to the Motohall to personally check out the Mars to Mattighofen Steel tanker is on my bucketlist. So grab a cup of coffee or whatever and sit back and enjoy the tour of the KTM Motohall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7sU4fWzZW8

skiracer

Another great story Paul, thank you!
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa