Ed Youngblood Thanks!

Started by Richard Colahan, October 07, 2023, 12:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Colahan

Many many thanks to Ed Youngblood for his 3 part series in Still Keeping Track on the "behind the scenes" issues he had to deal with...as a 29 year old...at the 1973 US ISDT. Cancelled Insurance, angry East Germans, balky computers, a last minute lawsuit involving the flight to Boston on the Champion Spark Plugs jet...AMAZING details!
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

ALB

Hi Richard,

I am happy that you enjoyed reading Ed's articles about the 1973 ISDT event. I am also grateful for Ed submitting those articles for the POG newsletter. They are stories that were kept secret through the years that needed to be told about that wonderful event. When I first read them I was both shocked and amazed at what happened behind the scenes since I too was a spectator at that wonderful event and just assumed that everything went according to plan without any problems.

I would also like to thank all the people who submitted articles about that event for the POG newsletters this year to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first ISDT held here in the USA.
Alan Buehner