Camerino Italy September 2024; I'm In!

Started by skiracer, March 15, 2024, 07:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Being that this site is what I consider my "home" on social media, I thought I would make my announcement here.

I have been trying to get to the FIM Enduro Vinage Trophy ISDT races for a couple of years now, and it looks like this year I am going to make it! There is still a lot of work to be done, but I have completed most of the major obstacles in dealing with the putting together all the steps needed to go.  So, at this point, the dream has become the reality. 

I am going to be riding a 1977 GS6 175 in the "B" class which is made up of bikes from 1976-1979. I am so looking forward to being a US rider, on a Penton, at the 50 year aniversary of when the ISDT was in Camerino. I would like to thank all of the members who have helped me over the years in learning about these great bikes.  And a special thanks to Al for supplying the many parts I have needed in putting together this bike. 

I will keep the site updated on any news about the trip as time goes on.     
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

slvrbrdfxr

skiracer,
Congrats !! Your hard work to plan this out will be well rewarded. I'm betting this will be an awesome trip and ride for sure. Have a great time !

If you can squeeze it into your schedule, here's a quick teaser for another event that everyone needs to mark on their calendar for in Sept 2024. The official press release is coming next week but the Tulsa Trail Riders will be hosting the " 94 Six Days Endurofest " at the John Zink Ranch Sept 20-22, 2024. This event will combine a Fri/Sat two day 30th Anniversary Ride celebrating the 1994 Tulsa ISDE held at the Zink Ranch and then to top off the weekend we will also be hosting an NEPG National Enduro at the ranch on Sunday. There will also be a banquet on Fri night that should draw a good number of ISDE/ISDT veterans in attendance for some good bench racing stories. There will be classes for bikes of all ages. This will be a good opportunity for everyone to get in three days worth of riding in a single weekend. For info or questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email using my screen name here and add @cox.net
Hope to see you there !
Dave McCullough

Bob Gilman

Ski,I still have that red/white/blue racing jersey on my mannequin,I will donate it to you if you would wear it in camerino.I was at that ISDT in 1974,brings back a lot of memories.Send me your mailing address if you want it.And good luck,I wish I was going with you.   Bob

skiracer

Bob, WOW!  What a generous offer!  YES, I would be honored to wear it.  Here is my address:

James Lubniewski
7191 SE 143rd Court
Morriston, FL 32668

Thank you!

Quote from: Bob Gilman on March 15, 2024, 02:22:38 PMSki,I still have that red/white/blue racing jersey on my mannequin,I will donate it to you if you would wear it in camerino.I was at that ISDT in 1974,brings back a lot of memories.Send me your mailing address if you want it.And good luck,I wish I was going with you.   Bob
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

skiracer

Dave,
Thank you for the response.  I was really looking forward to attending the RR event, but I don't think I will be able to attend.  I plan on a vacation in Italy after the event, and by the time I get back home I will only have a week to get to the RR.  Being that the RR is 1,100 miles away, it looks doubtful.  Thanks for bringing it up. 

Quote from: slvrbrdfxr on March 15, 2024, 11:40:51 AMskiracer,
Congrats !! Your hard work to plan this out will be well rewarded. I'm betting this will be an awesome trip and ride for sure. Have a great time !

If you can squeeze it into your schedule, here's a quick teaser for another event that everyone needs to mark on their calendar for in Sept 2024. The official press release is coming next week but the Tulsa Trail Riders will be hosting the " 94 Six Days Endurofest " at the John Zink Ranch Sept 20-22, 2024. This event will combine a Fri/Sat two day 30th Anniversary Ride celebrating the 1994 Tulsa ISDE held at the Zink Ranch and then to top off the weekend we will also be hosting an NEPG National Enduro at the ranch on Sunday. There will also be a banquet on Fri night that should draw a good number of ISDE/ISDT veterans in attendance for some good bench racing stories. There will be classes for bikes of all ages. This will be a good opportunity for everyone to get in three days worth of riding in a single weekend. For info or questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email using my screen name here and add @cox.net
Hope to see you there !
Dave McCullough

1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Bob Gilman

Ski, mailed today,good luck.  Bob

skiracer

Bob,
The jersey came yesterday.  Thank you again, it is a true honor to be able to wear it in Italy!  I will post some photos when I get there.  What size bike did you ride there?

Quote from: Bob Gilman on March 16, 2024, 05:43:25 PMSki, mailed today,good luck.  Bob
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Bob Gilman

Ski,I didn't ride there,I only went over with the Penton team.

skiracer

So, a short update on what is going on.  There is a total of 11 riders going this year. I finally got my bike just about done. It has been a lot of work putting everything together for the bike, the travel, the race but my never quit focus has the trip in my sights. Here is a photo of my bike 99% done. Thanks everyone for your support. It has been very well appreciated.
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

ALB

Hi Ski,

Thanks for showing a photo of your bike. It looks great and is a fine representative for the US and Penton brand.
I see you not only finishing the event but also having a lot of fun before, during and after the event.
Alan Buehner