Penton's last night on TV......

Started by Steve Minor, January 08, 2003, 07:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Anybody catch Speedvision TV last night? It was GREAT! The entire 30 min. program was dedicated to PENTON, John Penton, and his contributions to offroading and KTM. They had some unreal photos and film clips...even showed Penton #V001....It went into John's relationship with BMW and then KTM....If someone knows Dave DeSpain, they should try to get a copy on tape!!!!  

Edited by - steve minor on 01/08/2003  10:06:36 AM
Steve Minor

Frenfroe

I saw it! Watched it again this morning too! But I didn't think to record it though. Real neat show.
Frank

Randy Kirkbride

Steve,
Do you remember what the title of the show was? I'll check the schedule & see if they might repeat it.
Thanks, Randy

Steve Minor

Randy...I'm sorry I don't recall, but seems like it was Tuesday @7pm Eastern....just before a segment on the the Dakar Rally.

Steve Minor

Randy Kirkbride

Steve,
If it's the one called "Bike Week" then it's on again Saturday morning at 7AM eastern time. Hope it's the same episode.
Thanks'
Randy

Steve Minor

I believe that's it. If it's the same program, it's definitely worth taping. I'll be sure to set the VCR.

Steve Minor

Paul Danik

Man I gotta put my 2 cents in.  I just finished watching a tape of the show and it is awesome!!!! I loved the part where they say that KTM's are cleverly disquised Pentons!!!!!

Paul Danik

I just wanted to mention that was Larry Maiers who did the show, not Dave Dispain.  Also, the great still photos of yesteryear were some of Jerry West's work, Jerry also took most of the photos that were in the John Penton book. The live action parts were clips from the ISDT movies that Matt Weisman produced and hopefully they will be available  once they can be transferred to DVD or VCR type format.