Jackpiner history

Started by Mike Berrington, December 04, 2002, 08:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Glenn,
Here is the serial number from the righ crankcase:  3-5204919.  As said earlier, my brother bought this bike new in September of '73.  It has the hi-breather frame, silver moter, plastic fenders and full-width rear hub.  Also, the motor "clock" has a build date of 11/72.

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
[email protected]
Mick

imported_n/a

Mick, yours is the first silver engine Jackpiner I've heard of that came in the high-breather frame with the full-width rear hub.  I also note that your engine has the same clock time as mine.  They must have made a batch of castings for the cases to last all the way into the '74 models.  Thanks for checking.

Glenn

Rocket

The black motors had a full size clutch cover and the silver motors were molded more around the gears.  What are they like on the silver motor with the 72 build date?
Rocket

imported_n/a

The silver engines, I believe, all had the more molded clutch left side cover.  Again, my clock is late '72, my serial number indicates a '74 model.

Glenn

imported_n/a

Rocket, would you be able to scan your brochures?  I've scanned all of mine and sent them to John Durrill for possible posting on the Restoration site.  Maybe we could track down all of the "small" brochures that were produced through the years and scan them for posting and/or downloading from this site and the Restoration site.  Having wide access to how these wonderful bikes looked when they were new surely would help all who wish to restore one, or at least get close to the original appearance for racing purposes.  

Webmaster, is there any way to accommodate the large size of these scanned files to share with all?

Glenn