seat covers

Started by chris richardson, December 16, 2002, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris richardson

Poggers -

I tried a '74 (400 mint) seatcover on a '77 MC5 and could not cover the rear of the seat. It seemed as though the MC5 seat was considerably longer.

Am I missing something?

Who has an MC5 cover to sell?

Thanks,
CR

tomale

My 76 MC5 is going to need a seat cover as well. does anyone know if it is the same size seat as the 77' and I need to where I can get one.

I raced my 76 MC5 in the early 70 but just now getting backe into riding again.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Chris Brown

I used my old one as a pattern and sewed up a couple. I can do a couple more for you guys, possibly over the holiday break. If you're interested, let me know. I can send you dimensions to insure the fit, but I'm pretty sure the 76 is the same as the 77 and 78. They are a longer and taller seat than the earlier models.
Cost is $40 without stenciling. Choice of colors. Note my custom gray seat in the featured bikes section.
I thought Al Buehner had these?
Chris Brown

Mike Lenz

Sounds to me like you had the short seat cover for the earlier bikes. The 74/75 seat covers Alan Buehner sells work just fine on a mc-5 base and foam, I put one on my mc-5. Not the highest quality but the fit is fine.

chris richardson

Well, the seat cover I bought was from H&H. It definately did not fit.

The 76 and 77 are the same, this is the one I need.

Chris B., if you would be so kind as to make one , in black, w/Penton stencilled, I'd gladly pay the asking price.

Chris "Chilly Pepper" Richardson
[email protected]