Dave Mungenast

Started by rob w, December 31, 2002, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I would like to thank Dave Mungenast for the Classic Motorcycle calendar that he sent to me for the holidays. I will make a donation in his name to the "Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum" in Pickerington, OH. when I get there on Feb. 8th.
 I would also urge everyone to visit his "Classic Motorcycle Museum" anytime you get near St.Louis. It is jamb packed with so many great old things from "the day".
 Sometime I would like to hear the story how he was steered away from Penton, to ride Rokon's.

Edited by - rob w on 01/03/2003  7:54:29 PM

Jeff D

I don't know the story either, but Dave rode a "variety" of machines in the ISDT.  Of course there is the Isle of Man Rokon, but he rode a Triumph in Dalton and I believe did at least one Six Days on a Honda.  He overalled the Berkshire Trials on a XL250 in 72 I think...the bike is on display at Classic.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Jeff D

I don't know the story either, but Dave rode a "variety" of machines in the ISDT.  Of course there is the Isle of Man Rokon, but he rode a Triumph in Dalton and I believe did at least one Six Days on a Honda.  He overalled the Berkshire Trials on a XL250 in 72 I think...the bike is on display at Classic.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell