NW Pentonites

Started by tomale, January 24, 2003, 01:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

Are there any Penton or Pre 80' KTM riders in the Pacific Northwest In my mind that would be the state of washington, oregon and the state of confusion. If there are, do they get together? I hear about all you back east getting together and wonder about other parts of the country.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Big Mac

Thom, There's at least 3 of us in/around Portland. Me (Jon McLean), Dino Medina of Vancouver has a '73 and '74, both 250s, and Clay Light of Salem has a couple of vintage Pentons. I have a new-to-me 250 Harescrambler and another 250 project about half done. We 3 usually race the VDR motocrosses at Woodland, WA every month in the winter.

Dino and I made it to the IDST reunion ride in October and have had some serious Penton disease ever since. We've taken the Penton's out for some off-roading since then in the Tillamook Burn and on the backside of Mt Hood too. Drop either of us a line and we'll hook up next time if you're close enough to [email protected] or [email protected]

PS--we're also talking to some clubs about possibly setting up a NW ISDT type vintage event in this neck of the woods, will have to keep you in the loop on that one. Jon

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tomale

Jon, that sounds good. I have been wanting to go down for the VDR races at woodland but tranportation problem my old van just won't make the trip down to woodland, It is two hours south for me. but I hope to have that problem solved soon. I have never ran a Enduro much less an ISDE but is sounds great. please do keep me in the loop. I will write you so that we can hook up

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

deek

Hmmm, the State of Confusion, ah ha, that must be Idaho. So many times we are forgotten, as being part of the North West.
:>) Working on a 73 125cc, long way to
 go. :>(

Dale

tomale

hey dale, yes you are right Idaho is part of the NW. I have camped in your fine state there are some really pretty country. I don't know about ridden though. Good to know that this site is represented by Northwesterns from all parts of the area. Keep up the good work on that 125 one of these days I would like to try my hand at a project bike. That could be great winter time fun. Or I could just be crazy. Which is more than possible.

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W