MUNGMOBILE LIVES!!!!+carb questions

Started by Russ B, February 02, 2003, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ B

Mom's old Six-Days 125 that's been languishing in a shed and in a barn for the last 20 or so years is now RUNNING!!! The mung is gone from the tank, so today I tackled the carb...YUCK!! while not as bad as the tank, it was still a mess. It took most of the day to get it spotless.

Now for the questions:
1. Do I fill the choke adjuster with silicone since it never has been hooked up? There was some kind of hard clear plastic that came out of it when I was cleaning.

2. The threads in the top of the carb where the adjuster is are stripped. Where can I get a replacement without paying a fortune?

3. The rubber for the Magura throttle is rotten, and the little plate for the quick-release is gone. I have a Gunnar Gasser throttle lying around here. Will a new replacement cable for a Penton work with the Gasser, or am I looking at making one?
THANKS!!

tomale

Hi Russ,
Good to hear it runs. I was able to get some parts for my Magura throttle from Al, for his address and phone no. just look under parts on this web site. My carb came with an extra place for another throttle cable. I think that some models came with two throttle cables. The slide has a place that looks like a smaller slide fits into but there has never been one there. I plugged up the extra little adjusting bolt on top of the carb with silicone a long time ago. not sure if all this helps but. If you want to e-mail me just look up one of my postings and click on profile and it will list my e-mail address. good luck!

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Randy Kirkbride

The smaller slide that fits in the larger is the choke slide. The other cable is for it. Might be hard to start in cold weather without it.
Randy

Russ B

There's only one hole in the top of the carb and only one slide.  The part I'm asking about is on the side of the carb. there's another adjusting barrel cast into the outside of the carb above and in front of the "tickle" plunger.

tomale

thanks Randy,
I always wondered that stuff on the carb was for. Now that I am living in cooler country, having that choke slide would be handy. Is that slide and choke lever, etc even available anymore?

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Randy Kirkbride

Tomale,
Should be able to get from Bing or the other parts suppliers. There were a couple choke controls on ebay a few days ago. They had them listed as compression release handles.
Keep an eye open, maybe one of the Poggers has what you need.
Randy