Horsepower & weight

Started by Monty, February 11, 2003, 01:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty

does anyone know what the specs are for a 1978 MC5 400 / 1977 MC5 400 (i think that they would be the same?). Anyway, most may know that I am going to put this guy on the street, and I would like to know what kind of performance to expect. I would get it Dyno Tested, if it were affordable. But the good old specs form 77-78 wouold be great.

Ride on!

Edited by - monty on 02/11/2003  1:12:22 PM

rcrump1

Monty;
I have an original specification pamphlet dated January 1978 which lists 42 DIN HP @6700 rpm. It also lists a number of other specs including top speed with different sprocket set-ups (139 mph w/ 15/48), but no weight.
Hope this helps.
Richard

rcrump1

Monty;
By the way, great picture. Is the rear fender loop bolted to or welded to the rest of the frame. My bike is just like yours and mine is bolted on.
Richard

DKWRACER

Got new side panels to dress that fine machine.....Ain't nothin like a Penton 400, Good luck and hang on !!!!!!
[email protected]

Thomas Brosius

Monty

Richard- The Rear fender is now in pieces. The plastics were old and dry, and when I went to remove them for restoration of the bike (about 40% into it) it cracked up...so I will be needing a new one. So that is about 40hp? good enough for such a light bike...I can't believe how light it is! Why don't they make bikes that light anymore?

Anyway...I need parts, so those of you who have them, drop me a line.
[email protected]

Thanks