Many Thanks

Started by Doug Wilford, February 16, 2003, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wilford

The surgery was a success.    Four tiny holes and zippo out comes the gall bladder.  Modern technology is amazing.  But the week in the hospital was the hardest part.   The docs got rid of the pain within a few hours of admitting, then it was just schedule changes and waiting.  All is fine again, just need to gain back some strenght.   Thanks to you all, it is great to have friends cheering you on.

Mike Berrington

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

imported_n/a

Welcome home neighbor! glad everything went well! see you at next POG meeting if not before.      
                  jim

tomale

Glad to hear that you made it thru, welcome home

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

fischercycle

MR. Doug good to hear your doing well,I was expecting that175cc up and running by now, besides that 125cc iron barrel sachs you picked at the shop that just needed a few adjustments and cleaned up a little and  tuned and in my race bike by the end of this week, let me know how your shipping it OK JAKE

Doug Wilford

Jake the dog sled is leaving for Pittsburgh in the morning, I hope the snow stays on the ground long enough for them to get all the way there.  If the rivers thaw it may take awhile to find a barge that can carry the load into Pennsylvania.  Plus you have to consider the team may run into hostile Martians in route also.   Hopefully your engine will arrive safely.

rob w

I found this recently while looking through some 1973 Cycle News. This is from Oct 2nd, the story is the review of the 48th ISDT.

"THE SIXTH DAY"

Up before the sun one more time, only 109 miles and a motocross to go in this toughest I.S.D.T. in recent history, but yagh! It is snowing! You have'nt come this far to cop out now. What's a little freeze if you're still on Gold. If your name is Jake Fisher, your shoulder has been dislocated since Wednesday. The pain is an old companion by now, but Jake has'nt dropped that first point yet to put off his Gold.

There's also a 5 x 8 picture of Jake on his Husky getting some instructions from Jack Lehto.

How cool!

Paul Danik

Not only did Jake start the 6th day on Gold, he FINISHED the 6th day on GOLD!!!!!  Dislocated  shoulder and all!!! Jake finished 11th in his class at the ISDT,  a tough feat with TWO arms. By the way, the 13th finisher in the same class with a Gold,  on a Yamaha from Canada was Ron Keys, Ron is active on this site. As far as the picture of Jake and Jack Lehto talking, I believe Jake was haggling on the price for ALL of the ISDT Huskys!!! You shouldn't have held out for the last buck Jake, think of what they would be worth today!!!!!!!!