Sachs Kick Starter

Started by Randy Kirkbride, February 20, 2003, 09:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

I need to disassemble a Sachs kick starter for rechroming. Is the ring on top attached with a pressed-in pin? I don't want to screw it up trying to take it apart.
Thanks,
Randy

Kip Kern

Randy
You are correct, use a pin punch and drive it out.  It could be tapered so you will have to check both sides.  I replace all of mine with spring pins! There is a spring and pin on the inside you will want to remove before plating.

Randy Kirkbride

Thanks Kip,
I just bought this one on ebay and it needs replating. The other one I have does not have a ring on it. Were there two different types or has my other one been modified. All others that I see have the ring on top.
Randy

Kip Kern

Randy It's hard to tell, I would have to see it.  I have seen several different types of "kickers" for the Sachs.  Probably around 4/5 different styles!

Steve Minor

Kip...do you have a source for the small springs and pins that fit inside the kickers and the spring pins that holds the two sections together?

Thanks
Steve

Edited by - steve minor on 02/21/2003  09:28:01 AM
Steve Minor

Kip Kern

Steve,  I get all of my springs from the local hardware.  I have salvaged the pins from old "junk" kickers.  The spring pins also come from the local hardware.

Steve Minor

Thanks Kip...I'll go see if "Ace is the Place"....

Steve Minor