72 alloy rear fender size?

Started by crash carden, February 01, 2003, 02:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Howdy Boys I'm back again! Does anyone know the correct width & lenght of the rear alloy fender for a 72 Jackpiner? I need a new one and I want it to be as close to original as possible.  Also I need a pattern of the rear inner fender mudflap. I have the rubber matting to make one just no pattern to go by. If some one has a good one to trace a pattern from I'll be glad to make an extra one for you. Of course this is also for a 72 Jackpiner.Thanks Crash Carden.

Dennis D

I have the original on my 72 Piner that I can measure for you and send some pics also. I need the same for the front and I think that you may have a nice one. Dennis D aka dpd49

rd400pi

Crash, I'm interested in the matting you are using to make new mudflaps.  Is it rubber on one side and material like on the other?  I'm looking to replicate the rubber flaps and splash guards on a '73 Six Day and need a source.  Thanks.

Mike Husted (AKA: rd400pi)
     (brand new in POG land)

crash carden

Dennis, Hello & thanks for your offer of pictures & measurements that would be helpful.Also I have some good news for you. The guy I won the front fender from said he could get me another one for $100.00 + $10.00 shipping. Hope this helps you out, his email is [email protected] thanks Crash Carden.My email [email protected]

crash carden

Mike hello & welcome to Pentonland!Mike the the rubber matting I have is just solid rubber on both sides.However I know that Al Buehner sells the real replacement mud flaps for under the coil,bottom of air box, & between air box & fender, rubber on one side material on back side.Price $15-$20. I just happen to have the rubber matting and thought I'd save a buck or two by making some of my own. I have bought an air box mud flap from Al and they are nice.You can reach Al at 216-651-6559 tell him Chuck Carden sent you,or go to the home page and click on PARTS, theirs a list of parts dealers.Good luck,Crash.

Dennis D

Crash,That e-mail addy doesn't work. Dennis

Dennis D

Crash,That e-mail addy doesn't work. Dennis

crash carden

Dennis try this email,  [email protected] sorry my mistake,Crash.

Dennis D

SoCal996

So, what is the correct size of the rear fender? I may end up restoring my 73 which has alloy fenders and needs a new rear. Dennis, if you still need a front measure let me know, mine is in pretty good shape.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

crash carden

Opps, Dennis that would be [email protected] sorry I just changed it and forgot it already DUH!

Dennis D

Brian, Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the same pics I am going to send Crash. Crash, I e-mailed that guy and haven't heard back from him. If you corespond with him again ask him to get in touch with me. Dennis D [email protected]

naga418

I thought the 73' was the first year of the plastic fenders???? Is this true or did they have metal fenders as well. I have a Berkshire with frame numbers stating it was built in Dec. 72 which I would assume means it is a 73' model and I wanted to find the plastic fenders for it. Anyone have a clue as to what the brand was of the plastic fenders? I have a pretty clean set of white Preston Petty's on it now that look like they have been on the bike a long time.

Just trying to get as close to exact as I can and being the first year of plastic fenders i think would be something different so I want them if possible. I really think the metal ones look better.

1973 Berkshire 100
First Penton, but won't be the last!

naga418

No answer on the 73' being the first with plastic fenders??????

1973 Berkshire 100
First Penton, but won't be the last!