1981 495 Piston wanted

Started by john durrill, March 18, 2003, 12:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Dr.2Stroke
 Would you have a piston for a 1981 495 KTM MC 80 type 563 engine? part # 563. 30. 107.200?
Please let me Know,
 thanks ,
 John Durrill

Dr.2Stroke

i hope my EMail found the way to you!  ihave one 92.5 mm left,but it fits for the 81 cylinder,without reeds.could be prepared for the 82 or 83 cylinder ,if necessary.there must be cut out some aluminium in the behind piston skirt. Thanks Reinhard

john durrill

Yes i recieved the e-mail DR2 Stroke and thanks. The Piston is for Bobby Lucas. He has had a hard time finding one. He will be supprised we found one so quick, chuckle chuckel.
John & Peter

James

Wow. I am picking up an evo project this weekend that i bought off e-bay. I am not sure exactly the bike except that it is an 80 or 81. I am hoping it is an 80 420. If so what is the piston situation on 420's?. BTW I spoke with Bobby a few weeks ago about a Maico project..then I found this bike. If it is a 495 I don't think I want the headache of piston availabilty. Thank you for any help and the forum, James

I have bike parts in the kitchen cabinets where most people have dishes..
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

sachsmx

The piston situation for the 420s are about the same as the 495. Oversize pistons are hard to find and pricey when you do see one. I've got a lot of used spare chassis and engine parts for the 1979-80 420s. Let me know if you need anything.

James

Thank you I amy need some parts. Bobby reminded me that once I get a piston it will last-not like the situation with a 125 or 250 japanese bike. Thank you, James

sachsmx

Let me know when you find out what bike you have. If its a 420, I might have a piston for you.

James

Thanks-would have known today but Forward Air only open on weekdays.-It would be nice if it stated that on the MAIN page on their website-or if local terminals anwered the phone when they are open. My wife now gets to go to Phx and pick up the crate. What other parts might you have of the era? I will need front wheel, forks maybe clamps as it looks like this bike has the wrong front end.   Thanks, James

sachsmx

I've got a complete front wheel and may have a set of 38mm triple clamps and some NOS steering bearing races, although not a complete set. I've got some forks but I'm not sure about the condition of the axle clamps and/or chrome on upper tubes. Its best to find later model 40mm jobs and have your clamps bored out to fit than to invest in rechroming the 38mm tubes, IMO.
The Forward Air terminal in Cleveland is a pain in the a** if you ask me. I drive an additional 30 miles out of my way to go to their national HQ in Columbus OH. Much more professional personnel. You can email me at [email protected] when you get your bike. I have all of the manuals to cover the 1979 and 1980 models if you need copies. The 1981s are not much different.