OUNCES TO CCs conversion

Started by crash carden, March 15, 2003, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash carden

Hello, does any one know the ounces to CC s conversion, so I can measure the correct amount of fork oil,ect. I don't have a conversion table chart. Thanks Crash Carden TEAM PENTON!!!

john durrill

Crash,
 the conversion chart shows 1 oz = 29.57 cc's
 i use a baby bottle its marked in millileter's now instead of cc's . it the same measurement. ml=cc
did that help?
John D.

crash carden

John,thanks that anwser's my question. I had an old glass baby bottle that was in CC s back in the day, so I went to buy a new baby bottle, of course I noticed the change from CC s to MLs that threw me off. So I learned something today. Thanks again Crash. Oh by the way did you get your new Pirelli's mounted yet?

john durrill

Not yet .
 we had to come up with a spark arrestor for peters 175. there is a vintage ride/ swap meet in NC in April. 2 days 40 pluss miles of trails to ride. they require a spark arrestor. we have made up  from a super trapp  plate , disks and  end cap something that will bolt inplace on the stock muffler shroud. take the place of the stock end cap. we are testing it out today to see how much it changes the power delivery and jetting.
 then i can get back on my bike and mount the new rear tire.
john & Peter

Blue_Dog

Crash:
Hope you got the little conversion deal I sent you. I should have posted here that I was sending it. Right click on the attachment and send it to desktop and you are good to go.
B_D

Kip Kern

Buy a "Ratio Rite" at a MC shop and your conversion problems are no more.  Around $6

john durrill

Crash,
 we got the Pirelli mounted. its a big tire.
 the label from the manufacturer says its a 400/18 or a 110/18.
 we had to trim the out side knob on the chain side to get it to clear the chain guard.
 That's on a 73 125 frame. a 100/90 x18 might have fit better but we did not see one offered. the knobs are close to 1 inch tall.
John & Peter

Edited by - john durrill on 03/17/2003  09:58:44 AM