KTM crankshaft nut

Started by nitro f/a, March 27, 2003, 10:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro f/a

in need of the nut that holds the flywheel on. its a 1985 ktm 250 mx. the crank end is left hand thread and measures about 12mm.
thanks for any help. and the use of this site.

darrell
darrell

tomale

Have you tried a store that specializes in fasteners, up here we have a store that is called Tacoma screw. I have found left handed nuts there before. Maybe you have something like this were you are. If you like and you can not find something locally, let me know just what you need and I will go get it for you and send it to you.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

nitro f/a

I'll check it out Thom, thanks. by the way this 85 mx seems technically advanced for its time. (inverted forks,disc brakes,etc.) does this hold true for your 76?

darrell
darrell

nitro f/a

I'll check it out Thom, thanks. by the way this 85 mx seems technically advanced for its time. (inverted forks,disc brakes,etc.) does this hold true for your 76?

darrell
darrell

tofriedel

Darrell,

You should be able to get that nut from your local KTM dealer or from Al Buehner 216-651-6559.  Al is a great supporter & supplier to this site.

Tony

nitro f/a

I called fastenal co. they could'nt get the nut. I also called my local ktm dealer (mas cycle of fargo ND.)they would'nt even try and look up a part no. he rudely said they don't carry parts for (old) bikes.I'm sorry but what jerks!! I will give Al Buehner a call.

darrell
darrell

Steve Minor

Darrell...If Al can't help you try Barry Higgins in Georgia at H&H KTM....770-920-1371

Steve Minor

tofriedel

Darrell,

You can also order the part through KTM Talk at     http://www.ktmtalk.com/.

It will be delivered through their network of KTM dealers & shipped to you.

Barry Higgins will do the same thing.

Al Buehner will also ship directly to you.

Tony

Tony

Larry Perkins

I have the nut in NOS.  $5 plus shipping if you don't get it from KTM.