mc

Started by chris p., March 25, 2003, 08:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris p.

i read daily about these old pentons can tou clue me into the differences between the prefixs       MC-5    MC-6   GS    RS?    ime guessing it has something to do with the # of gears in the tranny ?

tomale

I can see how you might think that it has something to do with the # of gears but in fact it has to do with the style of the frame and what they are used for. The MC5's came both with 5 and 6 speeds  most of the 6 speeds were enduros but I guess that some of the motocrossers came as a 6 speed too.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Steve Minor

What Tom says is true.....additionally the GS6 came with lighting capability...an electric horn (it's true!)....speedometer drive unit on the front wheel...rear fender loop...and perhaps a few other differences...

Steve Minor

chris p.

yes so when ordering parts what should i ask for? i think i have a gs-125 can i narrow it down somehow by the seirel #s i am still stumped as to why the 125 is in a 250 chassis  any way i just want to figure out what it is for sure  is there a web site with lots and lots of pictures somewhere out in pentonville