Carb Intake to Air Box rubber flex connector.

Started by Dave Pickett, April 14, 2003, 11:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Pickett

The accordian like rubber piece I have is hard as a rock on a new project. Does anyone know if reproductions or OEM items are available? Needed for a 1973 250 Hare Scrambler. Thanks..............

Dave Pickett
Dave Pickett

crash carden

Hello Dave, I think Al Buehner's supply co.[216]651-6559 has reproduction airbox boots for sale. Also their is a list of parts suppliers on the parts page,you can click on from the home page.However if your old airbox boot is in good shape but is just stiff soak it in hot water and it will soften up so you can work with it.Welcome to POG, the best to ya, Crash Carden. If you ever want to sale your 73 ,250 just let me know, I'm looking for one.

Dennis D

I use my heat gun set on low to work with mine. Dennis

Larry Perkins

Another old trick is to let the rock hard airboot sit in a pan of very hot water and this will make it pliable till you get it on again.  Not as high tech as the heat gun but as long as you paid the utility bill everyone has hot water.

fishshaman

I just purchased a new one from al buehner.  fit nicely and it sounded like he had  a bunch of different sizes.

[email protected]

If you have a lot of patience soaking them in brake fluid will sometimes permenantly soften them as opposed to just softening them up to work with them,I just pulled the one for my Monark out of the fluid after two weeks and it has improved from the concrete-like texture it was.In the interim since Monark parts aren't abundant I have been using an auto radiator hose of the correct diamter.

hrbay

These are good ideas, would rubbing armor all in once warmed up help to keep soft? I also had the misguided idea that kerosene would clean o-rings, it does at the price of them growing to twice their original size.... left them too long, but may work to soften...try on an unuseable item first.gc

GC
GC

Dave Pickett

Thanks for all the great ideas. I never realized how much fun air booties could be. " The POG group is "on it!" The 73 might be available. Location is Folsom, Calif.
Thanks again ALL. Dave

Dave Pickett
Dave Pickett