Marion, IL AHRMA events

Started by Mark Annan, April 07, 2003, 11:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Any members planning on going to the AHRMA events in Marion, IL next weekend April 12-13 ?  Saturday is the Regional MX, Sunday is the National Cross Country and Trial events.  If all goes well it should be my first event(s) of the season ( MX on Sat, CC on Sunday).  Let me know if you will be there.

Mark A

tlanders

Rosemary and I are planning on going. See ya there. Teddy

Dennis Jones

Count me in for the Cross Country and Trials

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

Should roll in about 5PM Friday.  For sure riding PV and CC. Still looking for a 250 Sportsman ride for vintage.  See you there.

Mark Annan

How about some reports about Marion??

I didn't get to go, I had to work this weekend.

Mark A

tlanders

Pentons were well represented by Dave Withrow (MX & CC), Dennis Jones (CC & Trials), Mark Schmidt (MX), Rick Mercer (MX), Dave Sanders (he didn't ride his Penton in the CC because he was helping run the Cross Country and then rode a Rokon in the MX. Fortunately I held the Penton banner high by beating him!!), and me (MX & CC). I hope I didn't leave anyone out. The MX course was VERY rough and one's fanny tended to get wacked by the seat a lot. Rosemary said it was some of the best racing she had ever seen, but she is biased and was happy that I won my class and my 2nd moto overall. The cross country had a tree limb that was horizontal and low and there was a danger X sign marking it. About 20 yards later, there was a lower one hiding behind an unmarked small one that reached down and knocked me in the head and knocked me and Dave Withrow off our bikes. Many guys were hit by that limb including Dave Lamberth. (We don't hit trees, they hit us!!!!) It took me a long time to get the bike going again, it flooded out on it's side. Overall the CC was great, I ended up 2nd in my class. A few of the fastest experts made 6 laps in the hour long race, most of us made 5 laps and some went 3 and 4 laps. The weather was a blessed relief and beautiful. Harvey (my RV) worked perfectly. Our Sunday morning church service done by a couple guys from the Christian Motorcycle Association was beautiful. I believe Dave won his class, the others need to weigh in as I forget how they did. A great weekend was had by all who went.

Teddy

Dennis Jones

I agree with Teddy, The event was great. Good to see Teddy again and after many emails meet Dave Withfrow in person. The cross country was a mix of very tight 1st and 2nd gear sections and wide open very fast sections. I got in 5 laps for a 3rd in class which I was pleased with since moving up to sportsman 0-200 int. The trial was one of the best nationals ever, the MVT guys did an outstanding job of laying it out. Riding the cross country first took it's toll on me. The fisrt 2 loops went fine, but I ran out of steam on the 3rd loop and rode poor. Had to settle for a 3rd. Wow what a full day of fun.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

It was great seeing you guys out at Marion last weekend.  I'm a bit sore after the CC but wouldn't have traded the experience for the world.  I have one more name to ad to the list.  Mike Lenz won both his motos on Sat.  Three words....fast,fast,fast.
    Great to finally meet you, Dennis.  And spending time with Teddy and Rose is always a treat.  Til next time.  GO PENTON