Sachs 6D Intake Manifold

Started by Randy Kirkbride, April 13, 2003, 09:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a decent manifold for my'75 Six Days 6D.
Thanks Randy

rob w

I think your best bet would be to check with Jake Fischer, I had a "D" motor with a modified Suzuki intake, when that subject came up with the person I sold it to, he said " I bet Jake might have one". Hope you find one, that is beautiful Sixday you're building.
Bob

Randy Kirkbride

Thanks Bob, I'll call Jake tomorrow. The Six Days is now finished except for this little snafoo. I finally started it last Sunday. It was great to be riding a Penton again after 24 years.
Randy

Gavin Housh

Randy, if you have the six fin style cylinder with two threaded holes to hold the manifold on. Jake doesn't have it. I tried to find one last year. I used a Mikuni flange that I bought from Pro- Flo. Some modification was needed to make this work. Also I've noticed the bolts tend to vibrate loose, keep any eye on them after every moto or you could end up with dirt in your engine. I dont know if these flanges will work on the Bing carbs, I'm using a Mikuni. Gavin

Randy Kirkbride

Yes Gavin, that's the one I need. I guess I'll try to repair the old one.
Thanks,
Randy

john durrill

Randy,
 i can send you what Mikuni offers as a replacement manifold. its a list of all the manifolds sold after market with dimentions.
It might be better to adapt one of mikuni's manifolds , than take a chance on old plastic and a repair.
John D.

Randy Kirkbride

Thanks John,
Sounds good to me. Right now I'm open for suggestions. Maybe if they make something close enough to modify, we'll try that. Can you email the list or do you need my address?
Randy

john durrill

Randy,
 send me an e-mail and i will reply with it attached.
 we have it posted in the library also.
John & Peter
 [email protected]